Potplayer is a minimalist yet powerful sound and video player for windows. It provides you with plenty of configuration options to adjust the program’s settings to your needs, although the default settings should suffice for the majority of users. It is developed and maintained by a Korean company (Daum), but hopefully, everything from installation to the application’s menus and settings is in English.
Potplayer supports a variety of codecs and video formats. You won’t need to bother with installing new codecs every time.
- High performance with minimum resource consumption, using DXVA, CUDA, QuickSync
- Great 3D viewing experience and support for various 3D glasses
- Support for various subtitle formats
- A large variety of codecs to choose from
- - Fixed a problem that shortcut keys did not work in certain situations when opening a file
- - Fixed a problem that was a little slow to create a thumbnail
- - Enhanced 3D/360 format compatibility in mp4 files
- - Fixed an issue where Blu-ray folder playback did not start immediately
- - Fixed an error when playing certain files
- - Edited to support /seek, /sub commands for video shortcuts
- - Fixed a flickering problem in certain subtitles
- - Fixed a problem where deletion was strange in bookmark editing